About the Y Geelong
YMCA Geelong Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit incorporated association. Through our programs and services to the greater Geelong region we provide our community with an opportunity to be healthier, happier and connected.
The Y is a global organisation that works locally to develop stronger communities through leadership opportunities partnering with other community, private and government organisations and addressing social change in over 120 countries worldwide.
Each Y looks and feels a little different, that's because we have different community needs, but we all aspire to make a difference and deliver on our Mission.
Established in Geelong in 1953 the Y Geelong currently own three key facilities:
- Newtown Stadium (Gymnastics and Court Sports)
- North Geelong at The Arena
- Camp Wyuna at Queenscliff
The Y also manage:
- Bannockburn Recreation Centre
The Y Geelong also operate a range of community programs and services within the City of Greater Geelong.
We believe in the power of inspired young people.
The Y makes a difference to people’s lives providing healthier, happier, connected communities.
The Y works from a base of Christian Values, to provide opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind & spirit.
We are committed to our community; ensuring access for everyone; nurturing the potential of children, teens and young adults; building strong families; promoting diversity and healthy living; fostering social responsibility; and supporting those in need.
- Healthy Living
- Empowering Young People
- Social Impact
The Y has adopted the following values to deliver our mission:
- Honesty means integrity, trustworthiness and fairness
- Respect means acceptance, empathy, self-respect and tolerance
- Caring means compassion, forgiveness, generosity and kindness
- Responsibility means commitment, courage, trustworthiness and service
- Safety means commitment to being a child safe organisation and to the health and safety of others.
Our Strategic Priorities
Our strategic plan focuses on four key strategic directions. From these directions come a set of strategies that will guide our work for the next six years. We invite you to join us as we work together to build a happier, healthier and more connected community
- Extend our Reach
- Increase our Impact
- Inspire People
- Engage with Community
Our Cycle of Impact and Inspiration
Believing in the power of inspired young people means we must embrace a cycle of impact and inspiration supporting children to grow into inspired young people and helping adults inspire and support them. Though our activities may be varied, we are united by our positive impact on young people.
- Children: We enrich the lives of children and inspire them to reach their potential.
- Young People: (12-22 years old) are our primary focus.
- Adults: Through our work with adults, we aim to empower them to inspire young people and/or be inspired by them.