Bannockburn Stadium Sports
Rookie Sports is a term-based program suited to 3-5 year olds that allows them to burn off their energy while learning new skills.
Rookie Sports encourages children to work with others through team interaction and playing games. This program focuses on teaching the basics of a specific sport every two weeks.
The sports include:
- Basketball: Balance, agility, basic dribbling, shooting and passing
- Soft Tennis: Serving, hand-eye coordination, hitting, bouncing and agility
- Soccer (Futsal): Foot-eye coordination, basic dribbling/shooting, agility, speed, balance and body control
- Hockey: Stopping, ball control, stick control and goal scoring
- Netball: Footwork, hand-eye coordination, catching, shooting and passing
- Cricket: Running, catching, bowling, batting and agility
- Football (AFL): Marking the ball, jumping, agility, the basic techniques of hand balling and kicking
- Athletics: Agility, strength, speed and balance
All of our Rookie Sports sessions are run by a sports coach, who will support the children as they progress their skills and develop a love for a range of different sports. Many friendships will be made and lots of fun will be had in a safe environment, whilst learning a wide range of new sporting skills.
Parent assistance is not required in this program.