The Y Governance
The Y Geelong is a charitable, not for profit community organisation celebrating 70 years servicing the community across recreation, camping, youth and children’s services.
The Y acknowledges the importance of good governance, which establishes accountability for The Y's operations and management, and provides the policies and procedures, sets the strategic direction for the organisation and provides stewardship on behalf of its members.
Y governance responsibilities down to three broad areas:
- Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Community Accountability
- Movement Development
The Board is currently seeking volunteer Board Members with the skills and capacity to contribute to the development and delivery of our Vision 2030 Strategy.
Skilled professionals with a commitment to good governance may have the following skills but not limited to;
- Governance, Risk and Legal
- IT and Technology
- Commercial, Fundraising. Capital raising, Fundraising Campaign
- Community-sport, recreation, leisure or health expertise
- Not for Profit governance to guide the future direction of The Y Geelong.
The Y has a commitment to youth empowerment which includes the governance of The Y and encourages applications from candidates under the age of 30.
Have you ever thought about being a board member of a diverse, dynamic not for profit board where your skills and experiences could really make a difference to the community?
The Y Board Documents
- Board Recruitment Kit
- Board Voluntary EOI Form
- YMCA Geelong Constitution - Part 1
- YMCA Geelong Constitution - Part 2 (Appendix)