Gymnastics MAG Advanced/Advanced Silver Coach | Newtown and North Geelong - Part-time 25 hrs per week
About the job
The Y Geelong is looking for an enthusiastic Advanced/Advanced Silver Coach, this position requires you to work as team member committed to the goals and mission that fosters community participation and involvement.
As a Gymnastic Advanced/Advanced Silver Coach you will be required to possess knowledge and understanding of Gymnastics Australian Levels Program for children 4- Adults and ensure all patrons receive the highest possible level of instruction. Coaches will be coaching any of the following Artistic Gymnastics at ALP Level 1-10/Open of a 46 week program.
About the Y
The Y Geelong is a for-purpose, not-for-profit, community organisation celebrating 70 years servicing the community across recreation, camping, youth, and children’s services.
Benefits and perks
- Safeguarding Children Culture
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee access to Y services and discounts
- Ongoing Training and Career Development
- Staff Immunisation Program
- Attractive family and volunteer leave entitlements
- Supportive management team
- Staff Awards and Social Functions
Safeguarding Children and Young People Requirements
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police checks) to make sure that the right people are in the right roles.
To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy: Safeguarding Resources : the Y - Empowering young people
The Y Geelong, including the Board of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. The Y requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check
- International criminal history checks where applicants have worked overseas
- Holding or obtaining a valid Working with Children Check/ equivalent in accordance with state/territory laws
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with the Y Geelong.