KITCHEN ASSISTANT - Casual - Camp Wyuna Queenscliff
About the Y
The Y Geelong is a for purpose, not for profit community organisation celebrating 65 years servicing the community across recreation, camping, youth, and children’s services.
About the job
The role of Kitchen Assistant at Camp Wyuna includes food preparation, serving of meals, dishwashing, cleaning, customer service, and facility presentation when required under direct supervision of a Lead Cook or Catering Coordinator.
On the job training and supervision will be provided to the successful candidate.
You must be available to work weekdays and hours over some weekends.
Benefits and perks
- Safeguarding Children Culture
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee access to Y services and discounts
- Ongoing Training and Career Development
- Staff Immunisation Program
- Attractive family and volunteer leave entitlements
- Supportive management team
- Staff Awards and Social Functions
Safeguarding Children and Young People Requirements
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe, at the Y, in their families and in their communities. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police checks) to make sure that the right people are in the right roles. To learn more about our screening processes, click here to view our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy: Safeguarding Resources : the Y - Empowering young people
The Y Geelong Board and Management are committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. All applicants must undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check;
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a valid Working with Children Card;
- Three reference checks.
The successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People policies and practices which include; safeguarding children and young people induction, annual SCYP training programs and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout terms of employment.