Newtown Stadium - Stadiums Sports
Rookie Sports is a term based program suited to 3-5 year olds that allows them to burn off their energy while learning new skills.
Rookie sports encourages children to work with others through team interaction and playing games. This program focuses on teaching the basics of a specific sport every two weeks.
The sports include:
- Basketball: Balance, agility, basic dribbling, shooting and passing
- Soft Tennis: Serving, hand eye coordination, hitting, bouncing and agility
- Soccer (Futsal): Foot eye coordination, basic dribbling/shooting, agility, speed, balance and body control
- Hockey: Stopping, ball control, stick control and goal scoring
- Netball: Footwork, hand eye coordination, catching, shooting and passing
- Cricket: Running, catching, bowling, batting and agility
- Football (AFL): Marking the ball, jumping, agility, the basic techniques of hand balling and kicking
- Athletics: Agility, strength, speed and balance
All of our Rookie Sport sessions are run by a sports coach, who will support the children as they progress their skills and develop a love for a range of different sports. Many friendships will be made and lots of fun will be had in a safe environment, whilst learning a wide range of new sporting skills.
Parent assistance is not required in this program.
Join in the fun with Ladies Daytime Social Netball here at YMCA Newtown in our indoor stadium.
Join as a team or an individual!
Free child supervision available on Monday and Wednesday morning during games
Monday & Wednesday Mornings: 10:00am and 11:00am
Thursday Nights: 6:30pm, 7:20pm, 8:10pm and 9:00pm
Cost: $7.00per game per player (all players must have or purchase a current Netball Victoria Membership (VNA)
Uniform: Team Shirt/Colour and Black bike shorts or leggings (no pockets)
You have the option to play more than one game in a friendly atmosphere!
First Aid available at all times. Umpires provided. No play during the school holidays or public holidays.